How To Apply Do It Yourself (DIY) Lash Ribbons Eyelash Extensions
DIY eyelash extensions?
Sounds intimidating doesn't it? Well, everything is when it's "new" to you. All you need is some education and we're here for that.
Everyone usually askes: "How long do these lash extensions lasts?"
My answer: "3 to 5 days"
It totally depends on your comfort level. A lot of our customers are new to this and never even had real lash extensions before.
This diy lash extensions might sound scary and some even say "painful" (might be too much there LOL) but with a few simple tips, it's really simple and NOT painful AT ALL to apply.
Items you will need (some are optional):
- Lash ribbons
- Lash adhesive
- Applicator tool
- Dual phase makeup remover (this helps remove the adhesive incase you place the adhesive somewhere you don't want it)
- Paper towel (optional)
- Q-tips (for cleanup of adhesive if needed)
- Round lint-free cotton pads (optional)
- Spooly (optional - if you want to brush out your lashes)
- Micellar water (optional - used to clean lashes before applying lashes)
***TIPS BEFORE APPLYING***
- You will need to carve out a good hour with no distractions. (This is really important)
- Make sure you have good lighting where you can see under your natural eyelashes.
- A double sided mirror is best. If you don't have one, a handheld mirror placed on the table is fine too as long as you can see the under side of your lashes
- Sit down and apply these at a table because having your elbow (or as my child calls it "el-bone" lol) resting on the table REALLY helps.
- A bare face makes this a lot easier because your hand will be resting on your face somewhat. With that said, a MUST is clean lashes. If you have oily lids like me, make sure to clean it with some mircella water.
- Decide if you want to start from the outside corner of your lashes working inside or vice versa (inside working outside). I like to start on the outer corner.
- DO NOT apply these on your waterline. Place them a right above the waterline.
Now with all the supplys let's start. (ONE EYE AT A TIME)
- Cut your lash ribbon into the size of your liking.
- Make sure all your eyelash clusters are laying down with the lash band facing you. Why? This makes is a lot easier to grab with your applicator.
- Starting with ONE eye, apply a coat of the lash adhesive on the spine of one cut piece of lash ribbon.
- Make sure your mirror is below you so you can see where you're placing the lash semgents/lash clusters.
- Now taking the applicator grab one piece of cut up lash ribbon at the tips of the lash fibers (not the band)
- With your elbows resting on the table, lift your eyelid up with one hand and with the other hand holding the applicator and lash ribbon, slowly swipe the lash ribbon on your natural lashes until you feel a sticky hold.
- Keep applying lash ribbon pieces until your reach the inner corner of your eye.
- NOTE: If you find the lash segment/cluster isn't sticking to your natural lashes, place a little more adhesive on the spine of the cut up lash ribbon.
- Now taking the lash applicator, pinch together your natural lashes and the cluster lashes together. This should complete one side of your eye.
- Repeat the same steps on the other eye.
Leave a comment